Tuesday 8 September 2015

BRITISH BOOK DAY AUTHOR 42 - EJ SHORTHALL

Author Profile

E.J. Shortall




EJ Shortall was born and raised in a suburb of London, England where she currently still resides.

Having worked in education for the better part of 12 years, EJ decided a change was needed. Following a moment of inspiration, she decided to put pen to paper not expecting anything to come from the few words she had. Soon those few words turned into her first novel, Silver Lining. Not content with just writing the one, she continued with book two and then three, and has many, many more ideas just waiting to be written.

She has always enjoyed reading, but found it was mostly just a holiday extravagance. Then she discovered a certain worldwide best seller, and her passion was reignited. Reading quickly became an obsession and she couldn’t devour books fast enough. The books on her shelves and reading devices range from sweet, Young Adult romances, to smouldering erotic encounters. If pushed for an answer she would say that sexy rock star romances are her favourite.

Aside from reading and writing, EJ also enjoys amateur photography, playing around with graphics and cake decorating.

“I am on one amazing roller coaster ride at the moment. I have met so many new and wonderful people, discovered new music gems to integrate into my stories, and learned so many new skills. I cannot wait to see where this journey takes me.”

If you would like to join E.J. on her journey, please follow or contact her. She would love to hear from you!

Social Links
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fansofE.J.Shortall/
Twitter: @EJShortall

Website: www.ejshortallauthor.com
Authorgraph: https://www.authorgraph.com/authors/EJShortall
Tsu: www.tsu.co/EJShortall


Feisty, headstrong and confident, recent graduate Liv is fighting to succeed in the male dominated field she has chosen as her career. As an architect for her best friend's father's respected London based company, her chance to shine and become recognised comes when she lands the prestigious account for GO Sports and Leisure.
Armed with her plans and determination, Liv is ready to deliver the presentation of her life. That is, until he walks in. The mysterious personal trainer from the gym. The only man to have ever made her heart flutter. But he isn't all he seems.
When MMA fighter, Nathan Oakes offers Liv a business proposition to join him in Southern France, she’s left questioning his motives and wonders if she should refuse. She’s also equally intrigued by the prospect of what the trip could do for her career.
Liv has no time for a relationship. Nate doesn’t want one.  When forced to live side by side, feelings are stretched and emotions are battled. Can they keep their professional and personal lives separate, preventing them from falling into something they both need to avoid?
***This book contains adult content, scenes of explicit sexual nature and language some may consider crude or offensive, it is intended for readers aged 18+***


~Excerpt~

“I thought you were going to show me some fancy flying kicks or something,” I said petulantly, watching him closely with my hands raised in the same defensive pose he carried. I began moving with him as he slowly started to circle me.
“Not my thing.”
“No? What is your thing then?” My arm instinctively moved away when his twitched.
“My first discipline is Ju-jitsu. I’m more dangerous on the ground grappling and holding.”
“Ha, so you do enjoy a good fumble and roll around on the floor then.” He shot me a look of heat before he quickly refocused.
“There is only one time I enjoy rolling around, and it isn’t in a fighting arena.” I jumped back when he lunged forward.
His eyes got a mischievous glint to them, and he stepped back, dropping his arms.
“What are you doing?” I asked with a frown, disappointed. Surely we weren’t done already? I hadn’t even managed to sneak in a slap of my own. I dropped my arms to my side, waiting for his next move.
Suddenly his left hand flashed in my peripheral vision and my arm instinctively came up to block it. At the same time he swept his leg out, catching my calf and knocking me off balance. With a screech and a thud, I landed on my back on the thick, deep red rug.
“Ooof!” Air jolted from my lungs, leaving me winded and fighting hard for a deep breath.
“Shit! Fuck! Liv, I’m sorry.” Nate was on his knees straddling my prone form before I could blink. His eyes were wide and fearful staring down into mine. “Are you okay?”
All I could do was nod and swallow hard when he looked at me with such regret. My eyes closed at the feel of his hands smoothing my hair back and then trailing a hot path down my cheek. It was such a gentle, almost reverent touch.
“God, do you know how beautiful you are?” he asked tenderly, his body lowering towards mine.
I sucked in a deep breath, my heart pounding a frantic beat in my chest. He was so close, our lips only inches apart. His words and his slow, precise movements had my head spinning, but in this moment I knew I wanted him to kiss me. I was desperate for it.

Barnes & Noble:


Amber Merchant had it all. Living with and engaged to her teenage sweetheart, a nice house and the job of her dreams. Not anymore!
Following a devastating revelation from her Fiancé, Amber finds herself single once again and moving on. To protect herself she vows to stay away from men and guard her wounded heart.
During an evening out to celebrate her newly single life, a chance encounter with a tall, dark and handsome stranger leaves Amber’s head reeling. Intrigued by her draw to him but scared for her heart she flees.
Craig Silver, twenty nine year old CEO, is the last person Amber needs in her life. Battling his own demons, Craig is content on a life of meaningless affairs, one night stands and no commitments.
At first it seems their attraction is mutual… until she runs.
When fate intervenes and their paths cross again, Craig refuses to take no for an answer. Encouraging Amber to take a chance on a single date he sets them on a path of love, lust, truth and deception.






Excerpt One

Sitting across the table from Craig, I can’t help but peer over the top of my glass and take him in as I take a sip of my wine. My gaze first catches on his chest, which is covered by a slim fitting white, short sleeved shirt that hugs every ridge of his well-defined pecs and biceps. Slowly, I sweep my eyes up, taking in the curve of his neck. His chiselled jaw line with five o’clock shadow giving him a bit of a bad boy vibe, and those perfectly sculpted plump lips are just begging to be ravished. I inhale deeply and drag my lower lip between my teeth as I imagine his mouth creeping slowly across my skin, nipping and sucking on all my erogenous zones, not leaving an inch of flesh untouched.
Sighing, I eventually lift my gaze higher and find his deep green eyes looking intently at me, a look of knowing and promise burning deep within them. We sit there, our gazes locked, for what feels like forever until a waitress comes to take our order and breaks our trance. I should be running. I should be getting up and walking away quickly, because this is a very, very bad idea. Instead, I’m fantasising about all the things he could possibly do to me, and as much as that scares me, it thrills me more and I shiver with anticipation.
Once our orders are placed and my wine glass is topped up, I try and bring the evening back to where it’s supposed to be, about a work related matter. “So, I thought the whole point of this evening was to chat about a proposal you have. What do you need to discuss?”
Looking bemused, Craig leans forward, resting his elbows on the table, and rubs his index finger across his lip. After a brief moment of silence that feels like an eternity, he lets out a small chuckle and slumps back in his chair again. “You are a mystery, Miss Merchant. You know that? One minute you’re happy to bump and grind on the dance floor, and the next you’re running off like I’m some kind of mad axe murderer. Then, when I nearly knock you out with a rogue ball, you look at me as though you want me to rip your clothes off and ravish you. I hold your hand walking in here and you say nothing. You look at me like you want to devour me, only for you to then turn the cold shoulder and go all business on me. I can’t keep up.” He takes a drag from his beer bottle, his gaze never leaving mine.
I lower my eyes to the table and start fiddling with my napkin. He’s stirring feelings and emotions in me that I don’t understand, that I’m too scared to acknowledge. I know that if I do, then I’ll start stumbling down a path I really need to avoid right now. I know it will lead to heartbreak, and I don’t think I could take any more of that. But he is right. I’m throwing out mixed signals, and that’s because my feelings for him are mixed. I really need to watch that.
“Amber, look at me. Please.” I do as Craig asks and lift my head to peer up at him. “I meant what I said at school. I want to get to know you.” He reaches over and places his warm hand on top of mine.
“Craig, you invited me here to discuss a work proposal. That’s why I am here,” I reply with a shaky voice.
“Okay, you’re right. I do want to talk to you about work, and we will, but I also said I wanted a couple of hours of your time to get to know you. That’s all I’m asking.”
Silver Lining:


Full of romance, intrigue, emotion and passion, Silver Dove is the concluding part to Craig and Amber’s story that began in Silver Lining.

After the chaos of their early relationship and with their history of broken pasts behind them, Craig and Amber prepare to say ‘I Do’ on their Happy Ever After.

Life rarely runs to plan though.

Amber has fought long and hard to bury her fears and become a stronger person, but when old feelings resurface and tragedy strikes, it takes an intervention from Craig to prove her doubts are unfounded and to believe in love and hope.

Just when they think they are at a point where they can be happy and move forward together, the pair find themselves fighting obstacles and difficulties that will truly test the strength of their bond.

Can Amber gather the strength to fight against the forces trying to destroy her? Will Craig keep his promises of remaining truthful? As a couple are they tough enough to battle through these turbulent times and emerge stronger than ever?

No comments:

Post a Comment