Tuesday 8 September 2015

BRITISH BOOK DAY AUTHOR 50 - DM WOLFENDEN

Author, DM Wolfenden, originally from Manchester England, now lives in the Scottish highlands and loves all things that go bump in the night, she describes herself as a tattooed horror addict, you would never know when talking with her, she comes across as a little shy and reserved; having said that, she can hold her own working in the mainly male environment offshore. 
Because she works away from home on the oil rigs, she treasures her time at home with her family.  She would love to be surrounded with pet animals but her job prevents it. DM loves to travel, read and watch the latest block busters, she also loves to cook; to the great disappointment of her friends and family. 
  
DM, has one Novel and two short stories, and recently got an honorable mention from readers favourite for her vampire novel, Behind Blue Eyes.  Both short stories are written British English.

When did you first realise you wanted to be a writer?

It was never an ambition to be a writer, I love books and always had a vivid imagination. I use to write down little poems, then one night I decided to write a short story which turned out to be over 100000 word novel.                                

In what kind of environment do you work best in?

I don’t have a normal environment to work in, if I have a spare half hour at home, or, at work I try and write.  

Do you ever base your characters on people you know?

Some of the characters are loosely based on people I know, but mostly I try not to give in to that temptation, I want to keep my friends. He he. 

What do your family and friends think about your book?

Most of my family wouldn't read my book, it’s far too violent, but those that have, seem to be genuinely amazed I wrote something they actually do like (most thought they would have to pretend). 

Do you plan out your books or do you just go with the flow?

I just go with the flow, I never have any idea where my story will go until I’m at least half way through it, and then it can still change. 

What was the last thing that made you cry?

Reading the latest news from the Soi Dog Foundation  

Who is your favourite author?

I grew up reading Stephen King and Dean Koontz books; they are still my favourite authors. 

What’s your favourite genre?

Horror, I rarely read anything else. 

What’s next for you?

I have started on a Zombie novel and two screenplays. 

What advice would you give to someone just starting out?

My advice would be, never give up, and always get an editor. You could write the story of the decade, but if you have an abundance of errors then you will never get a good review.  

What’s your favourite movie?

That’s a hard question, there are so many great movies out there, but if I had to choose it would probably be, Alfred Hitchcock's, Psycho

What your guilty pleasure?

Chocolate and Vodka. 

Do you have a nickname?

Yes a couple, but I’ll keep this clean, Wolfie

What would be your ideal holiday?

I would love to go to Nepal and visit the monasteries. I’ve just come back from travelling around Thailand, it was an amazing experience. 

Sweet or sour?

Definitely a sweet girl. 

If you could go back in time what one piece of advice would you give yourself?

 Put these numbers on the lottery. Hehe.

If you could have any super power what would it be and why? 

Would it be awful to say I would want the ability to make people shut up? Sometimes you just want a bit of peace and quiet. Also I could win every argument. 


Links to books 

Links to Author pages Etc

No comments:

Post a Comment